Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hail the Mighty Hunter

Tim bagged his first turkey today on a hunting expedition to St. Mary's, Kansas with cousin, Bob Byrnes. After getting up at 2:30 in the morning (I guess turkeys are early risers - unlike some people), the deed was done at 7:05! Shelby is terrified of the turkey beard and tail (which Tim is making into an art project), I am proud, and my co-workers are hoping he doesn't go again as I couldn't go back to sleep after he left and was therefore incredibly sleep deprived and cranky all day. I am sure Hannah and Missy would have loved to go, but alas, no dogs allowed on the hunt. I will have to post pictures of the final art project when it is finished. Had I only known he was so good at it, I would have suggested he take a gun to my sister's house as she had turkeys roaming around all over the place (much to Baxter's chagrin). Quite an impressive bird - Way to go, Tim!

1 comment:

Martha Tolbert said...

Congrats Tim! Wow! That is awesome and what a happy smile on your face.