Sunday, August 2, 2009

Win for KC Triathlon 2009

Shelby, my friend from work Emily, and I joined P.E.O. sister Lynn McIntosh and friends at the Win for KC Triathlon at Smithville Lake yesterday morning. We got up at 5:00 a.m. (much to Shelby's chagrin) and drove in the rain to Smithville. Luckily, the rain stopped and it turned out to be a nice morning. Emily's friend, Sara, participated (she came in 17th in her age group I think) and Lynn's business, Kansas City Chiropractic, sponsored a team that included fellow P.E.O sister, Laura Antonic. Chapter MO members, Susan (and future MOer daughter Isabelle), and Anita Odle, joined to cheer Laura on as well. There were over 600 participants and it was just inspiring to watch all the different women compete - they youngest looked about 14 and the oldest looked about 70. I think I could have done the swim part if I had a floatation device - I could have biked (if my brother-in-law, Larry did all the pedaling) and I certainly could have walked the 5k run. Of course, I would have probably finished at 10 p.m. (instead of 10 a.m.). It was a great day though and I will have more pictures of the event in the next few days!

Laura on the home stretch!


Susan, Isabelle and Anita
Emily and Sara
Laura's Medal
Team Kansas City Chiropractic (Laura Antonic is on the right)

The group shot

No comments: