Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mother Nature - Take the Rain Somewhere Else

Okay, I know rain is good for plants and flowers and I seriously like plants and flowers, but this is ridiculous.  I know the amount of rain we have had in Kansas City pales in comparison to the amount Nashville had (thank heavens Murfreesboro escaped damage). What does it mean when you walk out of your house in the 'burbs - miles away from the nearest body of water and you have visitors in your yard?  I left the house yesterday morning, bright and early at 7:30 and had to go back inside to get Shelby and the camera.  Much to my surprise, we had 2 ducks in our side yard.  Were they searching for dry land or is my yard so oversaturated they thought it was a pond?  Very strange.  I am really tired of all the rain as is poor Shelby who we have discovered is basically allergic to outside (trees, grass, weeds, mold, and cats).  Not sure but I think all this rain isn't helping her mold allergy.  Come on, Mother Nature - Go rain in the UK and give us some much needed sun! (My apologies to Emily - presently in the UK).

No comments: