Sunday, July 31, 2011

China and Bangkok Travels

So, after the Win for KC Triathlon, I rushed home, showered, packed my suitcase, and headed to KCI to hop on a plane for a short (2 day) ride to Beijing.  B&V actually has some project work in China and our regional office needed training in OneSpec.  I hadn't been in Beijing since 2005 and can report that while the air quality was somewhat better, it still is poor at best.  Did not see as many panhandlers (was rumored they were gathered up and relocated before the Olympics).  Since I had done all the sightseeing the first time, I just spent my time working and visiting with the new professionals there.  What a great group of people - completely engaged and easy to train!  Only downside was no dragonfruit at the hotel - egads.  However, I managed to find a fruit vendor on the street so I could get my fix!
How is it I am the shortest person in this picture?

Love my dragonfruit

Outside the Pearl Market

Peking Duck

The Place - neat shopping area
After a week, we then flew to Bangkok, Thailand to train the staff there.  Since I was last there in 2008, not much had changed - still a wonderful place and got reunited with a number of friends.  We did go to the Teak Mansion - gorgeous mansion made of all teak wood.  Of course had to hit the market for shopping and yay - dragonfruit every morning for breakfast!  Was glad to get home in time to get Shelby off to college!
Teak Mansion

View outside my office - elephant building on the right

Hotel Room


Scott, Atasit and his wife 


Pawin


No comments: