Monday, August 29, 2011

Special Birthday Trip

To celebrate my 50th birthday, my dear sweet sister, Martha, treated me to a glorious trip to Augusta, MO where she made sure I felt every one of my 50 years.  Okay, that really isn't accurate because I was the one who said, "Why don't we ride to St. Charles for lunch."  Now, I knew St. Charles was roughly 28 miles away and knew I had only ridden roughly 18 miles at one time; however, it is safe to say I suffered from some dementia and forgot that we would have to ride back.  Martha, being a riding professional, just smiled and agreed to the ride.  Well, I can say we did it although the last few miles were downright horrid (where was Captain Larry when you needed him?).  And I did not ride up the hill to the B&B - I walked it. We stayed at the fabulous Clay House B&B and ate absolutely fabulous food.  We opted not to ride day two and instead did a short 10k walk.  Day 3 we just did a short ride (15 miles) and then had a wonderful 3 hours at the Halcyon spa (complete with paraffin hand and feet treatment, facial, and massage).  It was a wonderful birthday treat from a wonderful (older but definitely better) sister.


No comments: