Friday, February 5, 2010

#1 Bowler in the Shawnee Mission District!

Today at Mission Bowl in Mission KS, SMS bowler Shelby Byrnes beat all of the competition (29 bowlers) and took first place for the girls with a 622 series.  I knew she had bowled the best she had in competition, but didn't realize she was the top girl until a SM West dad came up to congratulate her.  SMS bowler Katie Constant medaled as well - a tie for 6th place.  Of course, I didn't bring my camera so while I wait for pictures to be emailed me, I had Shelby pose at home.  The Raider girls got 3rd place overall, while the Raider boys took 4th place.  I know Coach T was hoping for better placement, but the girls got over 2000 pins so he was pleased about that.  He was thrilled for Shelby, of course, and expects her to get even better!  Next up is Senior Day on Tuesday and our last home meet of the season.  I will post more pictures as I get them.  Way to go, Shelby!!

No comments: