Sunday, February 21, 2010

Celebrating a Winning Season


After the Sunflower League Tournament, Tim and I motored to Ottawa for the football banquet. Shelby had planned to go too, but decided she would rather stay home in the warmth than venture out in the sleet (can't say I blame her). At the banquet, we ate (can't say I liked the food - too bad Tim couldn't have cooked), watched the highlight video, honored the seniors and academic accomplishments (Brenton was honored for his grades last semester), and then the boys got their championship rings! I'm not sure what I expected, but those rings are HUGE! After the banquest, we made our way over to the men's basketball game where the team was honored at halftime. Cady's mom and dad, Michelle and Joe Don, came in from Tulsa to support Brenton (after meeting her parents, it is easy to see where Cady gets its - her parents are just as delightful and fun as she is). All in all, a great night (even with the weather - man, am I sick of snow, sleet, and cold).
Cady and Brenton
No caption possible for this one...

No comments: