Thursday, May 19, 2011

Katy Trail Day 1

Martha, Larry, and I started out from Clinton, MO at 9:10 a.m. for my first bike tour. After Shelby's graduation excitement (which will be blogged about when I return home), Martha decided a bike ride would take my mind off my youngest leaving the nest. We are riding the Katy Trail ending in St. Charles, MO.
We did 65 miles our first day (my PR by quite a lot). The weather was perfect, not too hot, and we saw 3 deer, 3 bunnies, a lot of cows and horses, 15 other riders, a number of walkers and their dogs, and some beautiful county. We stopped in Pilot Grove and quickly found our destination, the Pilot Grove B&B - great old house (which is for sale if anyone is interested). The house was built in 1886 and was originally a Methodist parsonage. The owner, Dolores, stopped by to welcome us but we had the whole house to ourselves.

I woke up to rain and thunderstorms this morning but Larry and Martha assure me that it will stop before we get to our next stop, Hartsburg. Dolores fixed us a fabulous breakfast and told us the history of Pilot Grove and this great house. Pictures will follow once I get on a real computer (the iPad is fun but not as easy to use as a word processor as a laptop).

No comments: