Friday, May 25, 2012

End of Bowling and Ottawa Braves Softball

Once again I am having to go back to the past to update the blog. While I had every intention of keeping current, I have failed, so badly in fact, that my web browser not longer worked with my blog.  Alas.  No more excuses or promises to be better.  It is what it is.

Bowling season finally ended (boy is it a long one - from October to April).  Shelby didn't get as many opportunities as she had hoped but worked hard throughout the season and had some success learning new oil patterns.  Her roommate situation was much calmer 2nd semester and she ended the semester with a solid 3.0 GPA.  She has great plans of practice and conditioning to prepare for next year.

Most of April and May were spent watching Cady and the Lady Braves (I have some interesting tan lines on my feet to prove this).  Cady was, as expected, as  predictable as ever - hitting, running like the wind, and a defensive standout at 2nd base.  I must confess, 2 years ago when I watched my first college softball game, I seriously thought I would NEVER understand or even like college softball (all that chanting...).  Flash forward and I am actually watching it on ESPN - although Cady is much more fun to watch.  The Lady Braves had a good year but disappointing tournament. The highlight for me was being in Hutchinson to watch her accept her All-KCAC First Team certificate.  I am getting prepared for next year - already have my softball bling for good luck!
2012 Lady Braves
Cady
What a cute family!



No comments: