Friday, May 25, 2012

Harmonie Hundred

Summer started with another bike trip.  This time to New Harmony, Indiana to ride in the Harmonie Hundred with Larry and my sister, Martha.  I can now say I rode 100 miles in a weekend.  We dusted off the triple (from last year's Katy Trail ride) and took off.  The weather was perfect (although I was a tad concerned when I woke up in the middle of the night to very loud thunderstorms).  New Harmony is a neat town and they were having all sorts of festivities while we were there.  It was also an educational experience.  I learned all about my single bike - when and how to shift gears, and perhaps most importantly, how I had been riding with my saddle a good 1-1/2 inches too low.  No wonder my thighs got so tired!!!  Larry has so much knowledge, my P.E.O chapter wants to get him to town to give us a bike master class.  Perhaps before the WIN for KC Triathlon...(hint, hint)

No comments: