Sunday, October 5, 2008

Heart of America Marching Festival


Shelby participated in her first marching competition in Lawrence at the Heart of America (or as I called it "The Tone-Deaf Judges") Marching Competition.

South came in 5th although we did win Outstanding Drum Majors. Our drum majors are superb, but I wonder if we did not win because the old deaf retired judges liked the fact that Haley was the only drum major to sport a skirt...).


My rant is due to the fact that the winners played horribly out of tune and won. They are a huge band (with 241 members) but loud and out of tune is worse that just out of tune to me. Alas. I had to put on my ipod and listen to Placido Domingo's rendition of Nessun Dorma to get the winner's version out of my head.

The Rompin Stompin Raider Band had fun and did a great job. Enough said.


No comments: